SME Owners – 10 ways to offer something free without damaging profitability
We know that people do love free stuff but don’t give away your core products or services because if customers get used to receiving all they want from you for free – they are not customers!
If you are not from a marketing background offering free gifts or free offers can be a potential minefield particularly when it is considered that ‘free to customers’ doesn’t necessarily mean ‘free to business owner’ and you may end up losing money on your great deal for your customers.
Professional Services – 10 ways to offer free without damaging profitability
1. Free initial consultation/valuation/meeting – Note – Keep it short and use it to separate potential customers from window shoppers/freebie chasers.
2. Free money back guarantee on products or service.
3. Free industry news/market overview.
4. Free training guide or E-book.
5. Free exclusive content to those who subscribe to your RSS feed or sign up for your newsletter.
6. Free entry to a contest to win prizes related to your core services. Note – If you structure this well financially it should not cost you anything.
7. Free podcast, live webinar or download.
8. Free ‘How to’ checklist.
9. Free online customer support.
10. Free 1 month product trial – Note – works well with software/technology related products and services
If you would like to discuss how best to use these offers to build your business, give us a call on +44 845 226 4247 or email us via [email protected] and we will be happy to help.
We hope you find this information useful.
Marketing Fundamentals Team