We are taken a slightly different approach with this week’s post. We have decided to throw the spotlight on someone whom we find very inspirational.
This week sees the 25th Business Start Up Show at ExCel London on the 19th & 20th May and one of the key speakers is Sháá Wasmund.
We were fortunate to meet Sháá at the 24th Business Start Up last year and still draw inspiration from our conversation with her and the advice she gave to us.
If you have the opportunity to hear her speak – take it.
There are links below for The 25th Business Start Up Show and Sháá’s biography but in keeping with the style of our blog we have identified Ten lessons you can learn from Sháá Wasmund.
1. Take your opportunities when they present themselves – Sháá’s big break was when she turned an opportunity to interview Chris Eubank into a job offer.
2. Network your socks off – Sir James Dyson, Don King, Sir Bob Geldof, Theo Paphitis and Deborah Meaden are all people within Sháá’s network.
3. Enthuse– Sháá is enthusiasm and energy personified and it is infectious.
4. Embrace social media especially Twitter – if Sháá was on speaking terms with Jack Dorsey, Biz Stone and Evan Williams (the Founders of Twitter) we would not be surprised.
5. Serial entrepreneur – Don’t confine yourself to one sector or one type of opportunity.
6. Stay humble – despite her undoubted success and well-connected status Sháá remains approachable and down to earth.
7. Refreshingly honest – Sháá has no problem telling audiences about her biggest financial mistake – turning down the CEO position at Bebo. For some reason we doubt that this will prove to be a Pete Best*moment.
8. Specific Twitter tips – Use Twitter’s search function to find people talking about your product /service sector.
9. Showcase your business on YouTube – 2 billion views per day.
10. Use Google alerts – to find people discussing your product sector/service.
Sháá’s current venture is Smarta.com a business support and advice network for start-ups, small business owners and entrepreneurs. She gives great advice and is definitely worth listening too.
We hope you find this information useful and are sure that you will find Sháá inspirational too.
Marketing Fundamentals Team